Tuesday, December 18, 2007

a recent incident



incident, incident.. that is what a nurse calls it when there has been a mistake made. You have to fill out an incident report. Well, here is my incident report.

A while ago, I was in a city a few cities away from mine. an undisclosed city. I had an hour to kill. I decided I would go to a near by store, an undisclosed store, and get a few things for my dh s birthday breakfast. As I walked into the store, I started texting on my phone. I had no longer set foot in the store when the thought came, -you have an hour to kill. The bathrooms are right here in the front.- So I wandered in that direction, still texting. I saw right by the bathroom entrance that there was a wet floor sign, meaning it had just been cleaned.. okay.. then the first stall I saw was one with a little kid seat hooked to the wall, so no mama would have to set her child on the floor while the mom used the bathroom. I headed right in there since I knew it was empty. I quickly took care of my business and as I was tucking all my clothes in, I heard a mans voice. I thought, well that must be from out in the store. But then, another man made a comment to the first voice about how busy the bathroom was that night. I peeked out of the crack in the bathroom door and realized, to my horror that I was actually in the men's bathroom. oh man... what to do what to do.. I figured that I would just wait them out.. I looked a little under the bathroom wall and saw that the fella next to me was sitting down, so he might be awhile.. hum mm... the men are waiting... I have breakfast things to get... my hour to kill is dwindling... whatever! So, I make my decision. I unlocked the door and marched promptly out of the bathroom.. I walked right past those 40-45 year old men. I started to giggle when they did a double take. They started laughing when I was passed them. I was so embarrassed, even though I was laughing. A woman was right outside the men's bathroom door and saw me come out. She stopped me with her big eyes and said "were you in there?" I said "yes and I am so embarrassed". I couldn't stop laughing... I went and hid in frozen foods hoping I would not see those men again. I got my breakfast stuff and chuckled as I checked out. When I got to the car, I text ed many people sharing my incident. It really was funny and embarrassing. what a dork. ah well. I did rush over to a near by Starbucks and get a hot caramel apple cider as immediate therapy. So do I quit texting? quit going to the store? or quit going in public bathrooms? as Rachel Lind would say, its the demon texting s fault! (BTW, there where no signs that is was the mens room, except for the sign out by the door. I had been distracted by the wet floor sign) and yes, there really is a starbucks in that city

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahahahah! you told me this story...one of the favorites I've heard in a while. I'm glad you had this incident...brightened my day and many more to come...hehehe.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's hilarious! I love your sense of humor about the whole thing! I guess you would have to have one in that situation. And don't worry, my Dad did the same thing-he went into a women's bathroom once. It happens!