Aub and I out in Provo indulging in our ever weird habit of watching Beauty & The Beast any where it is playing. It's father and sons outing tonight so cub is hanging with me to keep me smiling. She's a funny girl.
The goods are really from a family in our ward named the Browns. You might know the dad, the sportscaster Steve Brown. Dh actually is their h t er. Very very nice of them. Neither Dave or I were home when the Browns came over, this the confusion ; )
When faced with shocking or distressing news, sit down and stitch or watch t.v. Anything else you try will have holes in it and will have to be redone. Don't type, write, cook, shop or sew on a machine, sure they are good diversions, but nothing turns out right. Trust me... I have it on good authority. Now if I can only remember this advise :p
Back in August, there was an airplane accident involving the cousin of my brother in law. Three people were involved. One man died, and the married couple involved have been on the long road to recovery in Arizona. They have family in Utah, and are LDS. There are several blogs reporting the progress and fund raising efforts that are on going. The one I usually follow is http://www.nierecovery.com/
During my reading I found a tiny little way I could try to help. There is going to be a book published with proceeds going to the recovery fund. It is a book of funny things and lifes silly occurances. I decided to submit my whole walmart bathroom ordeal. Check it out. The recovery story is really something and miracles still happen.
I saw this on another blog on my recent blog treasure hunt thing.... and wondered what I would write. Don't know if its a "Tag" thing, but you do it too... just for the heck of it and to have something to add to your blog.
Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten Different People Right Now:
1. I love you so much. Please don't ever leave me. 2. I'm sorry you are in pain and life is hard. You've always been so good to me. 3. I pray you will find the answers in your life, and that happiness will be with you 4. I'm so glad your one of the "sisters". You're a good friend to me. 5. Please learn to respect me and see the good things about me. 6. You are such a doll. I love having you in my life. 7. God knew I needed you near, that's why you're in my family 8. Wake up and date my daughters!! (okay, ya, that one is to 100000 guys in Provo and Laie. 9. Having you in my life is the greatest blessing. 10. Thank you for being in my life. I hope I was a good part in your life too.
Nine Things About Myself:
1. I have a quick sense of humor. 2. I have a deep sense of humor. 3. I am incredibly sensitive. 4. I love people easily. 5. I think being nice is very important. 6. I have a great marriage. 7. I'm a crazy family history indexer 8. I've been told I put the F U N in funerals. 9. I am very close to the family I was born to.
Eight Ways To Win My Heart:
1. Listen to what I say 2. Treat me like I am the person I wish I were 3. Love my children 4. Build me up 5. Tell me what I do right 6. care about what I am going through 7. help me accomplish my goals 8. help me to laugh
Seven Things That Cross My Mind a Lot:
1. How many great people are in my life 2. How much I hate politics 3. Ways to side step negative thoughts 4. Why I don't have more pillows in my life 5. When can I start drinking hot chocolate again 6. I wonder how the new great nephews and nieces are 7. Will I ever make it to Scotland/England
Six Things I Do Before I Fall Asleep:
1. Brush teeth 2. Pull my hair back 3. read scriptures or think about reading scriptures 4. Pray 5. Stitch on my applique stitchery (makes family scripture time much better) 6. Tell Dave what a great man he is.
Five People Who Mean a Lot: 1. David 2. My Family I can not cut that down to five, so I include them all. mostly the ones that like me though :) 3. Michelle 4. Lisa 5. Peggy
Four Things You’re Wearing Right Now:
1. Shirt 2. Jeans 3. sun glasses on my head 4. sandals
Three Songs That You Listen to Often (Currently):
1. any early Osmond song makes me happy and pulls me out of a huffy mood. Try it. The costumes and choreography on you tube are very.. um.... fun 2. "Home" from Beauty and the Beast 3. In my daughters eyes
Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1. Be a grandma 2. Go to the land of my ancestors
the only spicy one it that we got a gift pack of coffee and tea the other day.. Dave and I had a little tasting party when the kids were gone. come on, you really believe that? we were in a coffee tea mail order club somehow, but I cancelled it. weird hua?
You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily. You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind. A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.
You are well rounded, with a complete perspective on life. You are solid and dependable. You are loyal, and people can count on you. At times, you can be a bit too serious. You tend to put too much pressure on yourself.
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people. You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts. You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.
You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing. You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.
You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone. You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together. At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.
After reading my friend Alishas blog, I am missing my Kimmie. She is so far away and on her own, and sometimes hurting. I fear she is learning to live without me. When I hug my grown daughters, I think -this was the little girl I held on my hip not too long ago. The one I tickled and comforted and rocked to sleep. It's kinda sad. I know it's the circle of life, and I grew up on my mom too, but it still is sad. I am in a house of boys that need me less and less. It is a totally different mindset then it has been for the last 24 years. Ah, no wonder it's painful. I suppose that the mess of finishing the basement, Cub moving out, and it being a presidential election year is no pic nic on the over all peace either. Back to quilt sewing and the cats I guess...
Two new princesses for the collection, Aub had to put all of them in the origional yet skanky outfits... Mulon and Jasmine joined the party, oh plus Prince Eric Derrick... what ever.. Aubrey did have to fix his one freaky eye with a marker.
Wall of Chocolate
Taste of Home Cooking Show with Laura, I won groceries, and she won a bottle of water. She also chewed much bubble gum while she was with me.
And my stitching!!! cool hua? next month is the last month of the club and I will finish the top of my Thanksgiving wall hanging.
Today we took a leap and had a party with dh's side of the family. We always have fun with that group but don't get together really often. An hour or so into the party our youngest female guest, 4 yrs old, asked if I had any games. Oh boy... I quickly remembered my new fascination with collecting disney princess dolls. They are the rubbery plastic ones meant to be played with. No one had played with them, they were just posing beautifully on my shelf. So I got them for my niece and she started playing with them. The older group played the really-cool-steve-knows-how-to-play-card-game. Eventually Dave was called to the task of helping our little niece match shoes and outfits. He was surprisingly very good at his skills. After our guests left, Cub and I started playing with the dolls. She told me she had two of her own.. and bequeathed me Cinderella's furniture from her set. SWEET! So now I am looking for more play sets like this. I do need the prince guy.. with interchangeable heads, so he can be any prince we need. Heres what I do have. Let me know if you are at Disneyland and I will ask you to help in my new obsession. I will pay :)