Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a few deep thoughts


After reading my friend Alishas blog, I am missing my Kimmie. She is so far away and on her own, and sometimes hurting. I fear she is learning to live without me. When I hug my grown daughters, I think -this was the little girl I held on my hip not too long ago. The one I tickled and comforted and rocked to sleep. It's kinda sad. I know it's the circle of life, and I grew up on my mom too, but it still is sad. I am in a house of boys that need me less and less. It is a totally different mindset then it has been for the last 24 years. Ah, no wonder it's painful. I suppose that the mess of finishing the basement, Cub moving out, and it being a presidential election year is no pic nic on the over all peace either. Back to quilt sewing and the cats I guess...

2 comments:

Laura said...

wow, I was a little squirt once :P Don't worry momma, I still need you :) Just in different ways now!

Dal said...

I still need you too! Even though you aren't my real mom. You are awesome. And by the way, I forgot to layout the rules, but you arent allowed to clean before you take the pictures. That is the whole point of it; to get a look of what our houses really look like!