Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A typical night

It is not uncommon that I am the first one to start settling down for the night. I love to chill for awhile before the lights go out. Often, Dave is still involved in things, so Aubrey will come up to my room and we will watch food network. Such was the evening last night. I was dutifully doing my chill out stuff (stitching or reading) and Aub comes in to hang with me. She believes the 50% middle of the bed is her spot. That is usually OK until Dave comes in. Inevitably he has to use a little sliver of the bed to start chilling too. I was on my side, Aub in the middle and Dave on his side. After teasing Aub about taking up the bigger percentage of the bed, I decided to wedge myself between Aub and Dave and re claim my rightful spot by my husband. I rolled over Aub and went face down between those two. Everything seemed like it worked right, but then I realized Aubrey had not moved one inch and there was a plopping sound on the other side of me. Now because I was face down, I am not sure, and I don't really want to know, what happened. But when I looked to his part of the bed, Dave was gone. I started laughing so hard, no sound came out, only my shoulders shook. Aubrey was busting up and Dave slowly stood up laughing too. We laughed for a long time... one of those tears-down-the-cheeks type of laughing. Dave refused to tell us if he really had been shoved out of bed. But not to worry.. after the laughing was completely in control, I used my legs to move Aub farther to the north, and nobly defend my man. it was just a funny thing that happened on my typical night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww...poor Dave. The man can't even enjoy his own bed...