Monday, April 14, 2008

Hugs



I have recently had two separate experiences that have taught me the same lesson. I blog it to you so that you too, can learn this.

I recently came across a person I had met just once before, and consequently talked to and teased him as well. Maybe just "made him smile" is a better term then "teased". He had been a dance teacher and he was recently in a performance at BYU that my daughter was in. After the show, I spoke with him, congratulating him on his show and reminding him that we had already met. I don't think he really remembered me but his eyes lit up and he acted like he remembered me and gave me a huge hug. Wow! I did not expect that!! It was very kind and nice. Lesson- Hugs are good. They make others feel happy.

Second experience, same lesson- A few years ago one of my friends passed away, leaving her good husband alone with 2 kids. Thankfully he was able to meet and marry a woman I never got to meet. Well, I did get to meet her a few weeks ago. When I introduced myself and told her how I knew her husband and kids, she just gave me a huge hug... Wow! I did not expect that!! It was very kind and nice. Lesson- Hugs are good. They make others feel happy.

There ya go.. actually, there I go!! learn the lesson Connie.. give freely and maybe surprise a few folks along the way ;)

No comments: