Friday, April 25, 2008

A night at the Hale Center Theater


Last year, my great dh gave me season tickets to the local theater in Orem. It is not community theater, so I guess that makes it professional theater, I think they pay their actors.. whatever
We have enjoyed all shows we have seen. Mostly... I do not find one writer that great... which is fine, cause they don't use him often. (Neil Simon) But, last week, we went to see The Miracle Worker. It was fantastic. It was beautiful. Between the very sweet portrayal of Helen Keller's mother, and wonderful Anne Sullivan, and the cute 12 yr old girl portraying Helen, I was in tears most of the night. That had never happened to me at the Hale. I happened to be there with Dave and my parents and 2 of my sisters and their husbands. My Dad confessed to tearing up as well.
The instant at the well was by far the most amazing scene. After struggling to get Helen out to the pump and refill the water pitcher that had become empty during an earlier struggle, Anne tries to convince Helen the meaning of sign language as it pertains to the actual item. It was so great. I think what made it so great was knowing it really happened and all the good that came from that long long heartache.
I wondered, during the show, what is inside me, and what is inside you that only a obstacle would bring out, or has brought out already.. hummmm..
go see it if you get the chance, let me know how you like it

No comments: