Wednesday, December 24, 2008








For about 15-20 years I've been trying to make some awesome pulled butter mints. Dh's grandma made them to perfection when I knew her. Now she is gone, and I do not know anyone else that makes them. However, you can buy them at Deseret Book or The Lion House.

My first attempt so many years ago was a dismal failure. I ended up with a bunch of powdered candy on my cookie sheet. Never one to give up, (generally speaking, that is a big fat lie) I have endured and continue to make these mints. It has sadly and luckily gotten to the point where the nephews actually like to eat the many failures more then the rare successes. The smartest thing I did in this mint goal is to get my mom involved, and the sista s. Here is our latest attempt. Later today I will make a bunch of "ruined" mints, so the faithful encourager's of this goal are happy, even if the candy does pull out their teeth, that part makes them so happy.

2 comments:

Tabby Grey said...

You are an amazing cook. Thanks for the carmels! We figured they weren't from the mailman. He usually isn't that kind. He just likes to deliver bills :)

Debbie said...

Hey it was so wonderful to open your blog and see you and your husband! How fun you two always look so happy together. I have bookmarked you. I am glad to know that there is a friend out there in blogland who has shared my life. We still miss your family. Keep in touch! Deb