Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grandma hood and my 100th post




I just logged in and saw I was at 99 posts on my blog. Awesome. How appropriate it is that it is for a great announcement.
I am about to enter a new phase of life. The night before Thanksgiving our big family went out to eat. We were all sitting down, I was between Laura and Dave. I remembered I had to tell my Dad something so, I got up and went to talk to him. When I got back, I saw a gift at my place setting. This wasn't too much of a surprise because November IS my birthday month. I sat down and realized it was from Laura and Steve. I, of course, hoped it was a tiny soft baby outfit to announce a new baby in my future. I quickly looked in the bag, and seeing that it was not a baby color or texture, I for some reason, guessed that it was an "Edward" t-shirt, and one for Dave too. Obviously I didn't think too hard on my thoughts, cause why would they get an Edward shirt for Dave? I knew that Laura and Steve had seen the movie, so that is just what I guessed, if it wasn't a baby item.
I pulled out two shirts and the first one I unfolded said.
"Don't I look too young to be a grandma?" yay!! I knew what the message was and squealed loud enough to earn a free delicious chocolate cake. Many hugs and a few tears were shared by the multi generational group there. It was so awesome. I think Laura and Steve have a video of the squeal. Should have used a different word then squeal.. The second shirt was "Grandpa '09" for Dave, but sadly I was shocked and stoked and I didn't get his reaction. I hate it when that happens. I quickly put my new shirt over the one I was wearing. The picture by myself looks a little freaky, I really didn't mean for it to look so odd.
Anyway, I look so forward to seeing my daughter become a Momma, and her dear husband a Daddy.


Sadly, I never knew either of my grandmas. I remember wishing I had at least one when my little friends would refer to theirs. Thankfully I got married to a man with two grandmas! what a bonus. Grandma Ruth and Grandma Faye. I've also been able to watch my own mother and mother in law be grandmas. And watch my sisters be grandmas as well, so maybe I am more qualified then I first thought.


It will be a great adventure I'm sure. I am so excited.

7 comments:

Teddi said...

That is so thrilling!! And YES, you are way too young and young looking to be a grandma - but what a lucky grandbaby!!!

Tabby Grey said...

Such exciting news! Congratulations!

Alisha said...

We are so excited for you guys. They will make great parents.

Christine M said...

Congrats Connie!! You will be an awesome YOUNG grandma!

Robin said...

Congrats auntie! What a fun grandma you'll be! And I love my dad's cameo in the first picture.

Ang!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

But your eyes look a little crazy, like the Jessie doll.

Rhonda said...

Congratulations.

Thanks for stopping by my blog...yes, we do have a lot in common. I actually have two daughters married and living now in Utah and my third daughter is going to BYUI.

With two at home, we still manage to be busy.