Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's pi day

3.14 is pi day. Did you know that? Thanks to Mrs Lambert, we know.* Pi* as in math pi. I haven't had a lot of experience with pi. I married into the serious math, you know the math you're forced to learn but by the time you need it again, it is long forgotton? Nonetheless, with a brainy husband and kids "pi" day has come to my attention in recent years. (Mrs Lambert, our favorite math teacher
made a thing of this day. Her birthday is on pi day too. She is an excellent math teacher btw.) At my suggestion, AJ made a pie in honor of pi day. She made lemon meringue pie from scratch :). It is tasty!! Nice and lemony. Since she made enough for two pie crusts I made a chocolate chip pie for tomorrow. We, as saturday tradition goes, had pizza tonight. Remember when the flintstones used to call it pizza pie? So here are my three ies for pi day. Happy 3.14 day

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good ole high school days. It really is appropriate that Ms. Lambert was born on Pi day. Makes so much sense! I'm glad you were able to celebrate and I'm impressed that Aubs made pie! I'm still to scared and whimpy to try it :P She's taking after you and going to be a great cook!