Sunday, August 8, 2010

It took some looking around

I've finally found a few things I really like to decorate my home. We've gotten a few pieces of furniture from a consignment shop in AF. I found very little there as far as home accessories go. I really am far too practical. I think the right thing to put on a kitchen counter is the phonebook with a little container of pens and some paper. I am so picky in finding things I like that between my over practical mind, lack of being able to find anything I like in the right price range, I usually end up with the boring and cluttered practical look. My friend Michelle is being a great example and, unbeknownst to her, shes nudging me forward in finding things I like. I looked at the furniture stores, some consignment stores, pier 1, thai pan trading (the smaller store in the mall) with very little to be impressed with. Many things were
-ok-, some not even ok and over priced for something that we are just going to look at. WELL... I went by Rodworks on the way home from Kyle and Kimbers wedding and was so so so happy to see things that really called to me. The little plate, dish thing and vase really really know my name! I went ahead and bought them the next day. I'm not sure the arrangement is right with the lantern, but even if not- I like all the pieces so much it doesn't matter where they go in my home. I need to find some greenery that is priced well and then clear off the bill-paying-station at the end of this table then this room will be done! If you know any other hot spot for me to check out- let me know. Next time I'll tell you about the great carpet find Jess clues me in on!

No comments: