Saturday, December 15, 2012

What a great week

What a great week at the Pixton home. Dave got home from Germany, and Laura and littles came in also. Everyone got to be at the airport when Aubrey came in. We ran late and the flight was just a little early, but we made it in time. I started to get anxious more and more through the morning-- it's a weird feeling. Not nervous scared-- just anxious and a little absent minded. As we made our way to the baggage area, we saw a huge crowd. 22 missionaries were returning on Aubrey's flight. We got my phone hooked up with Laurie's phone. She was with mom and dad in Provo. They could see somewhat the action of the arrival. When I saw my girl and got her in my arms all the worry and questions of her being so far away, the awe I felt at her accomplishment, my hope for her to be happy being home... All sorts of thoughts flooded over me. I couldn't let her go.
I was holding Jack at the time which was weird but like I said I was kind of beside my self with anticipation. Aubrey had lots of love and hugs to welcome her home. All my kids, and my husband, are with me. I can't begin to describe how much that means to me. I am so thankful.

No comments: