Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Army of Women?

A few things happened to me the other day, that came together just a minute ago, when my sister, Holly, sent me this link.

http://www.armyofwomen.org/getinvolved

It is for research on breast cancer. I had actually heard this on TV yesterday, but kinda discounted it, thinking giving my monthly platelets was good enough.

Later yesterday, while I was at the grocery store, I passed a woman that looked familiar. She had on a knit cap, like she had lost her hair. I later realized it was a girl I knew from when we lived in Orem. Both she and her husband were dear friends of ours, newlyweds at the time. At the check out counter, I saw her again. I went over to say hi and offer a little light hearted friendship to her obviously hurting life. Indeed it was my friend, and she was so happy to see me and so kind. She told me she had just gotten out of the hospital, where she had had a double mastectomy. WOW! She was so optimistic and up. She has a great attitude. She has great faith.

She is younger then me.

How easily this could have been me.

How easily it could be you, my friend

Check it out and see what you have to give for the cause. I don't know what will be asked of us, but I for one, stand with Holly in joining this army of women.

No comments: