Tuesday, October 21, 2008

two songs

Today while I was driving the boys around I heard two songs that made me so happy!

The first was "ABC" by the Jackson 5. I think it is on my list.. scroll on down, just for the fun of it. A few years ago, I found myself the proud mama of a Lehi High School Encore Choir parent. Encore was the best choir in the school. Manu Harris had made it SO great. Ever since I had heard of Encore I had hoped some of my kids would be involved in that choir. It was the premier show choir. At the beginning of Laura's Jr year, she was in!! Oh such fun! The songs, the choreography, and finally some interaction with a lot of boys, for my ballet dancer Laura. As a "mom-of", her junior year was fun, but her senior year, for me, was a blast!! Maybe it was because there were more kids I knew in the choir. By that time there was a new teacher Tiffany Nutter. She was so awesome. Being only a few years older then the students made for some really funny times. Her good husband was a big part of the party too. Both are so talented and spiritually strong. Perfect influences in my book. It was that year I totally bonded with my very good friend Lisa. (We had been in the same ward for years, but never buddied up.) She and I were tour moms with the group to Anaheim that year.
It was also a time I grew really close to my Laura. I always knew the day would come when she could choose whether I was in her life or not, since she would be moving off to BYU. She got news of her scholarship while we were at Knotts Berry Farm shopping. We were both so stoked.

ABC was one of the songs the kids sang. I so love the memories of that. I also smile from ear to ear when I hear "My girl" I think the only person that really knows how I feel about these songs is my fellow tour mom, Lisa. Ah, wasn't it great? Encore show choir has continued at LHS, but has changed its focus to more of a jazz choir, I so miss the old razzle dazzle. I will always love those memories. Many thanks to Manu, Tiffany, Dave, Nellie, Chris, Tyler, Jillinda, Benji, Emily, Ammon, (my its a small world friend) Jenny, Tyson, Suzanne, Jeanette, Celeste, Jason, David J and cute Cassie, um and everyone else.. and those from the first generation, Debbie, Trent, Chelsea ... what good kids. I think of them when 'those' songs come on.

The second song was by Boston, Its been such a long time, (dont remember the real name). Sweet stake dance memories. It is classic in so many ways. Most impressive is I was driving with Joseph, and he totally knew the song and the band. For a minute I thought I had given him a proper education. Alas, no.... rock band... whatever

No comments: