Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joanna and Christi

The other day I was at the doctors office and when I was called back I thought I recognized the nurse. I looked at her name tag. Joanna? Ah, I remembered.

When we first moved to Provo summer of 1981, we , meaning my parents and two younger siblings, moved into some student apartments. I attended the student ward while my folks went to the family ward. Right in that complex lived Joanna. She was so kind and quickly became my friend. Somewhere along the line it was discovered that Joanna and her family knew my family from before I was born!! She and Laurie were best friends as first graders. In 1981 she told me about the nursing program at a near by college and I credit her with the decision I made to become a nurse.

So as Joanna gave me my flu shot and checked my blood levels, I reminded her who I was. She was so sweet and kind and so happy to reconnect. She spoke so highly of Laurie and how much her friendship meant.

Today I had this same kind of thing happen to me!! My best friend from a single digit age contacted me through Facebook. Christi and I were buds and she was so good to me. I never could make it though a sleep over at any ones house, but she was still my friend. She moved away from California before high school, and we have had a few times we have seen each other. But this was a better contact.. you know, facebook. Long ago friends are almost impossible to find.
I found two.. or got found by one, and found one.. it was very VERY cool.

No comments: