Friday, November 7, 2008

The magic of Book on tape

During this last few months I have been kinda worried about many things. Of course, one of the major ones is the so-in-your-face- political stuff going on. I made a decision early on to fill my mind with other things besides the ever present politicial garbage. So I am here to tell you that if you find yourself wanting to stay away from anything, the answer is to turn to Book-On-Tape or CD. I first turned to Harry Potter and listened to the last 3 or 4 books. It was awesome. So much is lost in the movies. The reader is the best reader for book on tape. Some BOTs I have to take right back to the library because the reader is just way too boring.
When HP was over, I turned to another series. The Children of The Promise series was perfect for me. years ago, I read these books as they came out, about one a year. It really made WW 2 seem as long as it was. This time, I flew through the 4 volumes with in a month. It seems Wally didn't have to suffer as much, but I know its just cause I blew through the books so fast. This series was so good for me to hear in these political rocky times. It gave me hope and courage to face what is before us. I thought, I'm really not a wimp, I just need to look in the right places.

No comments: