Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the reason behind a few of my songs


When ever I want to check out some of my fellow bloggers, I first check the ones on the side of my own blog. I love checking on everyone and love finding out about other friends that have blogs too!

So I get to hear my song list songs about once a day. Some of the songs on my list are really close to my heart.

I wrote about the Encore songs awhile back so today I'll tell you about 2 more songs.
"Better When We're Together" and "The Luckiest" They both have to do with the acquisition of my son in law Steve.

When Laura and Steve got together she was very happy and twitter patted. I remember the night she stopped by from a clinical in nursing school. She had received some flowers at the hospital that day. We knew she was seeing someone, but didn't know this was the one that was going somewhere. She was so happy that night and laughing and hugging her daddy and I, we changed our thinking THAT night!

So fast forward through the engagement and up to getting the announcement pictures taken. When the CD was mailed to us, I slipped it into the computer and heard this song. Better when were together... Then I saw my Laura and her Steve so happy.. it was so great. This song was also on the cd at the reception, right by me, so I heard it through the night. It never got annoying. It was so connected to happiness, how could it?

The next song is The Luckiest. I had heard the song before, but I wasn't really familiar with it. The day Laura and Steve got married, Steve sang this song to my girl, at the luncheon. I wept through the whole thing. How blessed I am to have a son-in-law that adores my girl, now his girl, like that?

I love the music and it really does mean alot to me.

1 comment:

Steve-O said...

Thank you Connie, for the kind words :-) I really do love Laura more than anything else, and the family that produced such an awesome woman. You are so sweet!