Friday, November 7, 2008

Prop 8 hits Salt Lake

I just heard on the news that there will be a protest or demonstration at the SL temple tonight. It will be from many that disagree with the Church's stand on the California prop 8, the redefining of marriage prop. Regardless if prop. 8 passed or not, where is the freedom OF religion? Its not freedom FROM religion.

I was just thinking.... so those that want "marriage" for homosexuals want it approved of by God? is that the bottom line? A "civil union" gives these types of relationships all the civil rights they would have under marriage. They want the name 'marriage'?

Am I missing something here? I think it is fairly well known that the Bible and most major religions consider homosexuality acts wrong in the sight of God.

So isn't it mocking God to say, "um well God, we know this is wrong by your word in the Bible, but we don't believe you and ya, we want to be married, anyway." ?

I understand the desire to be married. I just don't get the whole God/Marriage for something God doesn't allow thing. But then again, atheists can get married.. don't know if they would get married in a church...hummmm.......

Do you think the homosexual community can understand our confusion?

I'm usually not that vocal in my opinions, and not much of an argue er. But I have some great people that can talk with you if you oppose my opinion and want to spar. He know karate too.. thus the 'spar' term. :)
I continue to be surprised at the signs of the last days, and I pray these are the last days.

No comments: