Monday, February 9, 2009

The power of good ice

Anyone that knows me well, knows I am a lover of good ice. When I get a drink, it's a bonus to get good ice. I always fill good ice all the way to the top. Once I down the 12 oz of soda I could fit in my cup, I refill with water all afternoon and the ice lasts.

Sadly, fantastic ice is hard to find in Utah county.

Never to be tight lipped in important info like this, I will share. Here are my top good ice places. Please tell me if you know of others.

Sonic and Holiday gas stations are easy to find and have pretty good ice. Also common cents gas station off 800 north, near I-15 is good.

Cafe Rio on center street in Orem has pellet ice, and its a little smaller then sonic or holiday.

The best ice place is in American fork. It's at a tiny little gas station near the old Deseret book, by albertsons. It's a tosoro station I think, just north over the train tracks from Deseret book that is no longer there. Get your cup and you have to ask the lone employee there for the crushed ice. It's kept behind the counter. Ya got to say how full you want it. It costs .10 more, but that's a steal.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I just want to know how you found out about this "behind the counter ice"!

connie said...

the high school police woman and the female
Vice principle told me. It's all in who you know sister

Christine M said...

I love good ice too. My favorite is Sonic with a Cherry Limeade..mmmm! I'll have to try that little gas station's ice soon.