Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Butter dips

Tonight I made a old family favorite. My mom used to make these-
probably still does. It seems like she made these when we'd have tuna
salad for dinner. so that's what I do. I've only known one other
person that has ever made them, besides my mom and sisters. My sister
in law Cheryl made these one night when we were over. I was so
surprised she knew this family secret recipe.

You need
Butter
Bisquick
Milk
All amounts are guess work, sorry. Make a simple biscuit dough with
the bisquick and milk. Don't make it too sticky, and mix it well. You
can even use the counter to knead it a bit. Then shape the whole thing
in to the same shape as your pan. I usually use a 9X13 pan, so I pat
the dough into a little smaller size than that. Meanwhile put about a
cube of butter into the pan and slip it into the oven as it preheats
to 400*. Slice up the dough into breadsticks sized lengths. Take the
melted butter and pan out of the oven. Take each •butterdip• and
dip each side into the melted butter. Find a place on one side of the
pan to start lining these babies up. It doesn't have to be perfect or
even very pretty. Fit in as many butterdips into the pan as you want.
If there is too many they come out a little dry, so don't over fill
the pan. Bake at 400* till brown. Arrange to get these out of the oven
right before your husband comes home from work. When he walks in, he
will remember what a smart man he was to marry you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

lol, i sure loved those growing up :) I wonder how steve would like them...