Thursday, July 30, 2009

hanging with friend Kate



I had the chance to have my bud Kate stay with us for a few days. It was very fun to have a 6 year old at our house. I found myself planning fun stuff to do like go to the pool,the park, and other 6 year old friendly activities. It was so cute to see my big boys, and Dave look after her. When we would get in the car they would help her in her booster seat, and always want to know what she was doing. The girls were cute with her too. I have a weekly lunch outing with one of my "bff" Michelle. While I was gone, Aub played with Kate. When I came home I had one more place to go, so I asked Kate if she wanted to come with me. Nope, she was playing ball with Aubrey.

I'm afraid we were far too boring here at our house, but she was a really good sport about it. I did make points by having a stash of Polly pockets of my own to show her. Those Polly pocket clothes are torture to put on. One thing that made me so happy inside, was when she was playing Polly pockets in my room, while I was reading on my bed. She had one male Polly pocket guy in the little bed, and the girl princess was with the horse and carriage. She had the other male dude walk up to the bed, and for some reason I thought- oh no a fight or "What are you doing here" or, "Cinderella is MY girl" kind of conversation between the two manly Polly pocket guys. Nope, the one walked over to the guy laying on the bed and all he said was "hello".. sheesh... I stopped watching soaps loooong ago. It was so awesome and sweet and innocent. I loved it.

The last morning she was with me, I had a lot of bad news in a few areas of my life hit me. (Laura's car accident to name one) Nothing horrid, just kinda worrisome. Having Kate with me kept my head up and was really a good thing.

I REALLY hope Miss Kate becomes a permanent part of my life--- forever!! If not, I will do my best to keep her in my life as long as I can anyway. She's great

No comments: