Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What I've been up to

This is going to be an interesting summer. We are gearing up for the move. There is no place in the Highland home for my 2 king and queen chairs, so I sold them for $20 less than I bought them for. I'm trying to be organized and weed stuff out as we pack. I had no idea I had so many bottles of lotion!! Weird! And all the shampoo and lotion from hotels .... Where in tar-nation did we ge so many? I'm not a really up tight house cleaner, but I think I do ok. I started working on the bath a few weeks ago and it looks great, but the toilet is giving me fits. There's a bunch of black rust minerals or something way up high under the rim. It's stuff I never really noticed till I got down low to scrub that dirty dog. That black stuff gets me thinking really hard in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Thankfully it only looks bad and doesn't have any smell- maybe if it did I would have gotten to it sooner. Then there's the food storage issues. Yikes! Alot of the food had already expired but I took it to the food drop off after the shelter lady said any food could be 1-3 yrs expired depending on the food. I have another box of food knocking on the soon to expire door that I will share with my sisters tomorrow. All this makes me thankful for my kids. They are helping me out alot. Next week both boys will be home so I'm sure we will get alot done. ;) Looks like we will be in the new place by the fourth of July. Dave will be out of town 3 times, maybe 4, between now and then. Here's a few pictures to give you a visual on my goings on.

No comments: