Saturday, January 16, 2010

The cakes

Laura asked me to take a cake decorating class with her in November.
After some confusion, that class was cancelled so we signed up for a
class this month. Today was class 2 of 4 and we had some fun. I took
this class when I was 17 with my married sister Holly, when she had 4
littles at home. We had fun then too. It's strange to think that now
I'm doing this again with my own daughter that has her own little tyke
at home.
Laura made a clever BYU cake and I got about 1/3 of my rainbow cake
finished. I thought I would finish it when I got home, but realized my
good husband was home already from a scout meeting, and adding more
frosting really didn't make the cake taste any better AND I still had
to finish a costume for the Jr high play- we just cut into that baby
and moved on with the day. So here ya go- I'm kind of torn with the
looking good vs. tasting good cake. The frosting we use to decorate
with (solid shortening and sugar) is really sickening to think of
putting in my mouth. I'll be working on that quandry when I can't
sleep at night ;)

1 comment:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

good job connie! im still mad our November class got cancelled because now i dont get to take them with you two.