Sunday, July 18, 2010

Saturday

Today was great! Sleeping in in Hawaii is such a pleasure. We went to the Dole pineapple plantation, Teds bakery and then to the Polynesian cultural center. We had lots of good times. Steve stole the Samoan drum show when they asked him to come up on stage. Several people commented on how well he did following the head drummer. I didn't pick out any mistakes but if steve made any, he covered well with enthusiasm--to be sure. He won the crowds approval and was known as "Utah" I'm sure they will have more on their blog about it.
We also tried poi and it wasn't too bad. We enjoyed the luau at the "PCC" and surprisingly I was ok with the raw fish. It was really perky and tasted a bit like sesame oil. (I am softening towards the sushi thought actually). We ended the night with the PCC show which was very enjoyable. I always want to fall asleep sooner than the clock says it is time, but THAT what makes sleeping in in the morning such a pleasure!

No comments: