Saturday, February 5, 2011

My favorite quote

Day "8" right... I really need to play this game better.  Todays assignment to to report on my favorite quote.  Well I certainly have my favorites.  I have some of my favorites on my facebook profile, but to save you clicking issues Ill put them here

                 The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt.

Leo Buscaglia

Another favorite

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gate...s in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn.I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Hinckley-


another one I edited
•"I’m selfish, impatient, and more than a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m sometimes out of control, and at times hard to figure out. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you don’t deserve me at my best"

Marilyn Monroe, but edited to fit me better

and a newer one I do love

Sisters, we love you. We pray for you. Be strong and of good courage. You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. You are princesses, destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your “once upon a time” is now.


Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments: