Saturday, June 13, 2009

The end of a commission



A few years ago I was asked to become a notary public. I was working part time for an adoption agency. They needed another notary to be available for their legal things. Looking back it was a very facinating job. I'll never forget the young woman I was with as she had her baby with her eyes closed the whole time. She didn't want to see her baby, then place it for adoption. Nor will I forget the adopting dad that stood back during the birth if his soon to be child, and I showed him a better place to stand. He could now see his baby come while still respecting the birth moms privacy. So many amazing experiences came with that job. I loved it. Even after I stopped working for that agency, I would still notarize for them. This past week my notary commission expired. So this is the end of a very awesome part of my life. I'm sure I'd do it again if asked, and it was a good thing for my family.
I notarized a few other types of documents as well. The most touching was of the signing of the will of a terminally sick person. Wow! Alot of different situations. Many normal everyday things, but some so tender and close to my heart. It was much more than I ever imagined when I agreed to become a notary.

No comments: