Friday, June 19, 2009

A summer outing


I took the kids over to Draper to Pirate O's today. It was a little summer outing. Here are a few pictures from the visit. While we were there, the owner, who suspiciously reminds me of Toodles from Hook, or one of the guys in Harry Potter, gave each of us a candy. It was called Ginger chews, or something like that. I was the only one that really liked them. At .10 cents each I got a few more. They make me think of how spicy I wish my homemade gingerbread turned out. I think nephew Blaine will really like them. We got a few candy bars and a kinderbueno for Laura, and Jacob got some Japanese hard candy. It is a really fun little place. Its in a really old building and smells a little funky when you first walk in. They have added a lunch counter, but we didn't get sandwiches today. It was a good time. If you want to go there, get off on 12300 south and go east. Turn left at 700 east I think, and go almost to the railroad tracks. Look to your right and you will see it.
Pirate O's
www.pirate-o.com
11901 S 700 E
Draper, UT 84020-8203
(801) 572-0956

1 comment:

Teddi said...

That looks like a fun place!!! From what I could tell in the picture - those ginger chews you like are sold by the bag at Trader Joe's (California, Arizona grocery store chain that I adddddoooooore). If you want some, I will HOOK...YOU...UP! :D