Monday, June 29, 2009

Today

Not many things in my life top what happened today. I became a grandma. A new man is truely in my life. It was such a blessing to be with Laura and Steve most of the time we waited for baby Jack. Both Laura and Steve were awesome. Im so proud of them both. I know it was not easy for either of them. I adore my son by marriage so much. I walked back in from doing something and Steve was helping my girl and counting to ten. Those of you who have been there know what I mean. No nurse, no doctor, no mother in law... just the mama and daddy getting through and getting their little guy here. We were up all night but, even now, its hard for me to slow down enough to sleep. Heres a few more moments from early this morning.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Connie I am so happy for you and the new little family! Was Dave already gone? I hope he was there, because there is nothing more awesome than a new spirit joining your family straight from heaven.

Tabby Grey said...

Congratulations! I am so happy all is well. Tell Laura "Hi" from all of us.

connie said...

Actually he did miss it. He is in Houston for the week. That is part of why I posted videos here. I did leave him a voice message after the baby came. Well Jack left him a message :). Not sure what it was but I'm thinking it was a list of complaints from his minutes old life. Ya know, the shot, the leg id band, goo in the eyes, being naked and pretty much in public, etc. Hope grandpa get to see the miracle today.