Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Activity Day



I was in charge of activity day today. My co leader and I meet with the 8 and 9 yr olds and it is a lot of fun. Today we talked about friendship. We had to meet outside, since our key didn't work for the church building, but it was OK- a little cold, but OK. I asked the girls to close their eyes. I asked them to raise their hand if they had a very best friend that they could depend on. It was very sad that not all the girls rose their hand. I asked if they wanted a friend that was a best friend. They all did raise their hand on that one. I asked them to think about the things a best friend does and think if they need to be more like a best Friend to people in their lives. Then I read the girls this story. It is a very good book, with a cute message on the importance of having friends. Then we wrote compliments to each other on little 3X5 cards. I planned on making friendship bracelets, but we ran out of time, and sunshine, so we'll do that net time. I was worried we wouldn't have enough to do and was really stressed out about it, but it worked out really well.

No comments: