Saturday, August 8, 2009

new songs

I started a new playlist for my blog. I started doing show tune songs. Dave and I had gone to the Hale Center Theater and we saw Singing In the Rain. It was awesome. They had a sprinkler system up in the ceiling for the "singing in the rain" song. THAT was amazing. They gave out ponchos to the first row of the audience for the water factor. They young man playing the Gene Kelly "Don" was fabulous. After the water had fallen for a bit while he sang, he started messing with the audience kicking water and splashing all over. It was very cool. Dave and I were on the top row so we missed that part of the show. The person who played Don was actually Brother Johnson's son in law- I never have met him but I knew who he was. After the show, I saw Bro Johnson's daughter Jylare. I introduced myself to her and she was very very sweet giving me a hug. She told me her uncle was at the show that night. I was thinking could it be the one uncle I know? and yep it was. Craig Johnson was there and I got to say hi and introduce him to Dave. Craig Johnson was just enough older than me back in the day that I wasn't really in his crowd, but we were friends. It was really cool to see him again. He definitely still had his signature smile.

so back to the play list, I started with singing in the rain, and did a few others, but eventually I started with the Disney cartoon songs. I got a little melancholy as I remembered my littles watching those shows day in and day out.
I particularly remembered one day when I had 3 little girls and I had to take Laura and Aubrey somewhere. Kimmie wanted to stay home. Looking back I can say she was really too young, about 7 to be left alone, but we were in a duplex at the time and the upstairs neighbor was there.... what ever.. anyway we came home and Kimmie told me to sit down and watch her. She had choreographed several songs from Aladdin. I vividly remember her dancing to Arabian nights in her jasmine jammies, very authentic. It was a sign of things to come in her dancing life.. So there ya go, hope you find the songs fun

1 comment:

Blue said...

I adore the Johnson Family small world. (i'm assuming we're talking about the same one. How many Johnson's have a Jylare and uncle Craig?)