Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A happy surprise



last night I was here at home all alone. Jacob was at YMs, Joseph at a rock concert, Kim off with Jordan and David in Texas. I was on the computer getting things done for my new calling and a knock came to the door. It was 4 or 5 young women and one adult leader on a service scavenger hunt. Well... I wasnt going to put them to work, but I did tell them I had something they could do for me. They all sat down and I explained I was kinda new and didnt know many people. I wanted them to each tell me something about themselves that is kind of special so I would remember it about them and maybe remembe their names. They started to tell me when another knock came to the door. There were about 8 more girls and 2 more leaders. I was so happy to see them. I made them come in and join the others in giving me service. They were all so cute and happy and they laughed at my lame attempt at humor. I gave them my blessing on teasing and being friends with Joseph and Jacob. They were very fun and silly about that. I was surprised how happy their little visit made me. I do have to wonder why I was put in scouts..... ? whatever

No comments: