Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"I am a part of the fellowship"

Recently there has been negative press on a certain talk given at general conference. It is really sad how the talk has been labeled as "hateful" and "hate disguised as love". The whole finger pointing is very divisive. Often, when there is finger pointing the person accusing is actually violating the issue they accuse the other person of. 

For FHE we went to the Lehi house so Dave could fix the latches on the windows that lift from the bottom, instead of the side. (If any summercrest friends need this fixed at their homes call me! We have extra parts and know how). While he worked Jacob and I write letters of thanks and support to Elder Packer. Dave asked me if i thought President Packer would actually get to read any of the letters.  I told him I didn't know, but that for me, it was something I needed to do, and something I wanted my son to see me do.  So we both wrote while Dave fixed the windows.  After they were fixed I read my letter and asked Jacob if he wanted to read his.   Jacobs letter brought tears to my eyes and a beautiful spirit into our unconventional fhe. 
Today a quote came to my mind that I am really feeling these days. I'm going to try and memorize it. Here's the first part. 

I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. 



Connie

No comments: