Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Endeared yet again




I have been endeared yet again by my "SIL" or Son In Law. I will give you the most recent reasons for such affection.

Yesterday Laura and I chatted on the phone while Steve was at a meeting. We talked and talked. I was on my cell, she was on hers. I was in the sewing room and when someone knocked at the door, I ignored it. The "white-guilt" soap salesmen have been walking the neighborhood and I have no desire to talk to them. The house phone rang a few times, but I ignored that too. So we chatted on. My phone battery died, so Laura called back on the house phone. Eventually I had to get something out of the car so I took my phone outside. Just as I went outside, carrying my sewing project, I saw Steve coming up the drive way. I told Laura her husband was at my house. Steve said, Is that Laura? Is everything OK? I told him yes everything was okay, and gave him the phone. He chatted with Laura for a bit, and was relieved everything was okay. He hadn't been able to reach her on her phone, or me on my phone, or anyone on our house phone, and for some reason the text messages didn't go through, so he was worried something was wrong. He drove to Lehi to figure out the status of his Laura. He was very sweet to my girl/his girl, and agreed on providing dinner for my 12 hour shift weary daughter. He's so good to her.
Love that!!

second reason, same night... as we were sitting outside I told him what I was sewing was for his baby. He was SO complimentary! Usually you have to pry that kind of sensitivity and praise out of the men.
Loved that too!!

Then the icing on the cake.... while outside the minority race salesman guy walked right by... I think he was going to stop and pitch his soap, but Steve gave him the Don't-bother-my-mother-in-law look, and the dude just kept walking. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
So, Steve is the hero for sure. He is a definite keeper to be sure

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

that is so awesome. just shows how great of a dad he is going to be too!

Laura said...

He's such a good guy- I'm glad you like him too :D Much more than all those other losers who-must-be-named :P