Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

This might be a long one...

So many thoughts in my head tonight. Today was mothers day and of course it was delightful. The family made breakfast from me, and the little kids around here sang in church. Thankfully, the gift from the wars was not a plant. They always die so quickly that I've decided when I get a plant as a gift, I will kill it as soon as possible just to shorten the agony of it's eventual demise. We got the new pictures- in- a -spiral -notebook the church recently put out. I like it very much. I was able to have dinner with my own wonderful Mom and the men did all the cookin.

My Mom is great. She has taught me almost everything through her example. Very rarely has she ever sat me down to "teach" me something. How to be a loving fun Mom, how to be a compassionate friend, how to turn back into a younger version of myself when I am with my siblings , how to be a faithful wife and certainly how to be a woman of God.

I also honor those that have mothered me through the years, my aunts, my girlhood friends moms, the older ladies at church, and of course, my sisters. I learned so much by how they treated me, and how they lived their lives.

My life would be no where as happy without the mothers that came in my wedding package. Dhs mom did an amazing job raising such great men. Dh' s Mom, and his grandmothers were always so kind to me, and great examples. His paternal grandmother was a mother 6 very tall boys, yet very much a lady. She was more on the proper side yet not too formal. Still trying to master her buttermints!! When we first moved onto this home she lived in SLC. One day when we went to visit her she took us to her backyard with a shovel and she told us she would help us with our landscaping. She dug up some iris plants as well as the little "star of bethleham" plants. That is what the picture is at the top of this post. She gave us alot of plants and these babies hve survived for the duration!!
His maternal grandmother was just as sweet and I think more in my husbands life.

I'm so thankful for my children and for thier good hearts. I love my nieces and nephews that trained me up, and now tolerate me, by letting me mother them. I love all the cute friends of my kids that call me mamaconnie.

Truley, being a mom is an honor I treasure with my whole heart.

No comments: